2010/03/10

Therapy



Lately I have been trying to search solutions to solve my emptyness of heart. I catched every chance to make change. I hope I'm moving on a road filled with blessings. So here is what I have done.

#1
I knew a few optimistic people in "Tai Ji Men" through my colleague. I got chances to attend their gathering and speach. They practice gigong (練氣功, a kind of Chinese martial arts), share life experiences each other, do a lot of spiritual works, and encourage people to do goodness. They are so energetic. I felt harmony and happiness surrounding them. I felt inspired by that joyful atmosphere. I think these good and kind people as angels to help me out of marsh in some way. For sure, that need my own efforts to work on.

I heard of some people's story there. Everyone joins the organization with one's own reason or purpose, some for physical issues and some for mental problems. I may examine my life and thoughts through their stories. I got an idea- sometimes we felt miserable just because we focus ourselves too much.

#2
This Sunday I took a one day tour with my classmate. We visited some scenic spots in Nothern Taiwan. It was a very relaxed package. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery, felt hakka culture and taste the local famous food.

Here is our route:Emei Lake →Beipu Old Street→Tashee Blooming Garden→Love Story Building→Dasi Old Street.
(峨眉湖-->北埔老街-->大溪花海農場-->大黑松小倆口愛情故事館-->大溪老街)


Tip for love: one eye opened and one eye closed (shot at love story building)

Plus, I got some introduction links for these areas.

Beipu, is very famous as its hakka culture, including its handcraft art, hakka food. (visit here and there if you are interested)
Tashee Blooming Garden, many Taiwanese Dramas were shot there.
And beside the blooming garden, we also visited Love Story Building, a lovely place.
Dasi Old Street, here.

5 則留言:

me as i am 提到...

hi elaine! your therapy sounds wonderful. i practiced ki gong when i lived in korea and i loved it. i don't know if it's the same as tai chi, but i want to take a class in this as well. i found moving meditation to be very helpful to my mind and body. very healing. you inspired me.

and talking with others, traveling and finding other ways out of self-absorption are all so great too. i know when i spend too much time in my own mind, isolated, it can make me unhappy. my problems can feel amplified and focused on too intensely. stepping back outside of ourselves, learning healthy means of detaching, all this can help us feel more at peace and more aligned with others i believe.

hugs and peace to you! :)

Elaine 提到...

thanks katie for your sweet comments here. about ki gong of tai ji men, you may visit "http://www.taijimen.org/TJM2008B_ENG/html/index.php" if you are interested. there are two academies in u.s.a.
i feel comfortable to approach those activities and nice people. and, thanks for your sharing how to do healing. it's great for learning.

me as i am 提到...

thanks! :)

June 提到...

You can always find inspiration out of something. That is truely a smart living.

Elaine 提到...

Thanks June for your kind praise.I think your LAHOS style is truly a smart living.