2010/02/28

The Lantern Festival of Y2010

Today is the final program and important day of Lunar New Year Festival, the Feast of Lantern, on the first full moon in a lunar year. Before went to see those beautiful arts, I went to see movie "Nine" with my good friend this evening. It's a really big case acted by several great actors, a story about the desire, career and marriage crisis on a movie director. The male chief actor, Daniel Day-Lewis, whose character in the film is likely a guy of my friends. I couldn't help to compare their behaviors while seeing the film, and wondering why people always learn to cherish what they own after they lose something.
Aroud 21:00 we stepped out the theater and walked along to Taipei City Hall and Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall for seeing lantern arts. It was a beautiful and pleasant night. I felt glad I had been there. Here are some photos I shot to record this colorful night.

唐伯虎點秋香


水滸傳-武松打虎




西遊記

7 則留言:

me as i am 提到...

how neat! thank you for sharing those photos~~ happy lunar new year!

Elaine 提到...

thanks katie and wish your days as beautiful as those lanterns.
i noticed you had many great posts lately and i lagged a lot in reading them. i'll find time to catch up. good day~

me as i am 提到...

hi elaine! :) thanks for your kind words and wishes. no pressure to read my posts. they are there if you want to read, but never are you obligated ~~

Elaine 提到...

hi sweet katie, thanks for your consideration. i don't feel obligated to read your posts. i like to read them. you share so much wisdom and resources there.

June 提到...

ZElaine,
Thank you for sharing those lantern pictures. I only got to see some in Taichung. I hope you won't mind that I refer this page in my site.

Elaine 提到...

hi June, go ahead! it's my pleasure.

Nikki (Sarah) 提到...

totally neat...love these