2010/02/05

Health Care


Today my mom was operated a "percutaneous coronary intervention" due to her coronary heart disease. This was her second time to experience such operation. I took my annual leave for taking care of her. Regardless that I was told such operation is very simple in today's medical technology, I still got upset more or less. It took about 3 hours and had been operated very successfully this morning.

Most people in sickness are needy and impatient. It's indeed a good timing to test my patience and train myself in a good temper. Sometimes I couldn't help to think, how will I be when I grow as old as my mom's age? Will I be so needy then? Will there be someone standing by me? However, I would rather to be the healthy one to take care of others.

I really don't like to go to hospital. To be more precisely, I am afraid of that. I think the main reason is I am afraid to see those people suffered by illness and accidence, and so many separations between loved ones in life or death occuring there. I know those are parts of our life and we might have to experience that someday, but I still can't overcome such feeling.

These days I heard of some friends and some friends' relatives got sick or uncomfortable. I also heard that some of them had worked too hard to ignore their red signals on health. Though I'm not a good advisor on health, I still want to remind of them- "Health is the best wealth". As you might be told that " While there is life, there is hope." I wish you may take good care on your health while you "enjoying" your works.

4 則留言:

me as i am 提到...

so sorry your mom had to have an operation. but i'm glad things went well and that you were able to be there for her. and looked upon this experience so positively.

my mother is aging too. she is still in good health, but i realize the day will come when that will change. i do not look forward to it at all. but i hope to be as clear headed and able to be there for her as you for your mother.

you are an inspiration :)

Elaine 提到...

thanks katie for sharing your thoughts here. it's true that i feel glad to be here for my mom. and i am happy for you that your mother is in good health. how lucky you are!
lfe is filled with uncertainty and things happened mostly out of our control.so i would suggest my friends to hold every chance to do what we have to do and want to do for those we love.

me as i am 提到...

absolutely!! living in the now is so important :) thanks for this reminder, elaine!

i needed that today~

Elaine 提到...

sweet katie, i'm glad you may relate to my feeling.
wishing you all well~