2010/08/07

Outing to Upstream Walking


Last weekend I had a brand new experience for outing-upstream walking. I thought it should be an easy tour but actually not. It was a tough challenge for me. I couldn't relax in the steram while floating. Since I almost can't swim, I still felt afraid while walking in the deeper water areas even I had worn a life vest. However, it was really an unforgettable memory in my life.
For a long time I couldn't conquer my fear in the water. I felt suffocated when my body against the water pressure. I remembered I attended the swimming course in my school days. I was shouted by the coach many times and asked me " where were you going" since I couldn't relax and swam straightly.

I didn't attend the second day of this outing after experienced the previous tough schedule. I simply sat beside the beautiful stream, chatting with some friends and watching the kids playing and jumping. I envied those little good swimmers. They looked so naturally and enjoyable.

At the end of July, two staffs resigned. The same reasons of their resignation was they didn't want to do auditing through their whole life. Well, I admired their courage to quit. I think I won't have their determination even if I were in their age. I will bless them to meet their ideal career.

I am thinking that life is like swimming. It needs balance all the time. Once we lost the balance, we would feel uncomfortable and even sunk by the pressure from all aspects of life. For me to keep a balanced life is a constantly learning course as same as swimming.

3 則留言:

Dan 提到...

Love the stream photos. Looks like everyone is having a great time! I think sitting by the stream and watching is fun as well.

me as i am 提到...

hi elaine! i'm sorry i've not been around for so long. i've thought of you though and have meant to come by. i wondered how you've been. sounds like you're still up to the wonderful adventures and surrounding yourself with beauty and meaningful experiences. i'm happy to see that you're doing well and living life fully~ and continuing to find wisdom in all things. i love the photos. what a great activity! and great ideas about what this means. i've been trying to find balance in my own life lately too. thank you for sharing! wishing you well~ :)

Elaine 提到...

Hi, Dan, thanks for your coming and sorry for my late reply here. We indeed had an unforgettable experience. And my conclusion from this trip is people have potential to conquer every test.

Hi, Katie, thanks for your visit and concerns, and I'm sorry too that I didn't spend time on reading all my friends' posts. There were some major events in my recent life and mostly about works. This morning I'm going to have a business trip for four weeks. I hope to have a great harvest and find some inspiration to write.

Wishing you find balance in your world and enjoy your every moment.