2009/12/13

Be A Good Person


I just watched a film-"World's Greatest Dad", acted by Robin Williams. It's a comedy with mamy humorous, sardonic and meaningful dialogues. These words attracted me to write down here and led me to question myself as well.

"Is it more important for me to be a good person? or to be thought of as a good person?

I got a little confused which means a lot to me?
I had no intension to please anyone around me, but I liked the feeling to be thought of as a good person. So that I might need to hide my real thoughts in front of them.

For a long time, I have being acted as a good daughter to my family, a responsible staff to my served institution, a considerate person to my colleagues. Are those my real personalities? Or what I did just because I didn't want to disappoint those people at all. Sometimes I felt pressured and tired to act as what people expected me supposed to be.

Well...what's your philosophy?

2 則留言:

匿名 提到...

oh that is an important thing to think about. definitely i try to use self-reflection to try to make sure the self i project to the world is the one i feel inside to be the true me. but sometimes it is difficult to be true to yourself when the "desire to please" is strong within. i'm working on this one.

thanks for the film rec. i put it on my list! :)

Elaine 提到...

thank you mountainmama for sharing your thoughts here. i'm glad you may relate to the same issue. i'm thinking, how about to please ourselves first, then others? but we still care people think what we should be. um...not easy..