2009/12/20

In Life, As In Crosswords

I had a very relexed time for this weekend. I joined an outing to Yilan. We visited Green Onion Culture Palace, went to see silver willows and beautiful maples. It was bitterly cold yesterday, especially walking on the hills.

Perhaps I had spent out my energy for the outing, I woke up very late this morning. But I felt peacefully today. It was still cold outside. I didn't step out my house until I went out for hunting food this evening.

I just watched a comic film "All about Steve", acted by Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper. I enjoyed its metaphors of some dialogues, some meaningful quotes. I would like to paste some here for reminding myself of these good words.

In life, as in crosswords, some days are harder than others, and that's what keeps your brain alive. The key to surviving those tough days is to pick yourself up and stay focused on your life's purpose.

If you quit a puzzle, you can't finish it. Sure, every once in a while, you run into a doozy, that you don't think you could ever solve in a million years, but if you stick with it, you figure it out eventually. Worst thing you can do is leave it unfinished. It's never the solution, is it?

We have a natural compulsion to fill empty spaces. I like to think he means not just crosswords, but the empty spaces inside of us. That comes from making your way in a world, that doesn't always embrace unique.

I tried to fill my empty spaces with words and puzzles- and Steve, but that wasn't the answer. Now I know, on the journey, just find someone as normal as you, even not the whole bunch.

If you love someone, set him free. If you have to stalk him, he probably wasn't yours in the first place.

6 則留言:

Dan 提到...

Good lessons from the movie! As you live the words your life will reflect them in your experiences.

Elaine 提到...

yes, the movie indeed tought me a lot of great thinking. i will try to practice that in my life.

June 提到...

You always find good spots to shoot in pictures and movies.

Elaine 提到...

Thanks June, I felt so lucky and enjoyed this outing with Yann. The movie was so funny and meaningful. You may find a chance to watch.

匿名 提到...

what a great quote and your trip sounds lovely. i love cold weather best. we have cold weather here now too. it's so great.

i'm glad you found a movie that was so meaningful and helpful to you. i haven't seen that one yet, but i'll put it on my list. i love thought-provoking funny films.

wishing you well!!

Elaine 提到...

thanks mountainmama, i'm glad you like my reference about the movie. i just heard of your computer crushed and felt sorry about that. i wish you will have a better new start after that event.

enjoying your cold days~