2009/10/27

Beyond Planning


I got a surprised notification this morning. Actually it wasn't a good one. My staff told me he will resign the job as I chatting with him how to go to our new office from next Monday. It seemed he already made up his mind since he already got an offer. I really felt regretful I was told at the last moment. It's not a good timing now just after I finished the project plan of the next year.

But...when is the good timing to tell the bad news to the relevent persons? If it happened to me? How will I do?

In the other way, I sincerely bless his new career and wish he indeed get a better one. I think the following projects won't be easier than the past jobs if he really felt overloaded or pressured. He won't be happy for the coming year. Everyone deserves a better life quality if he already got a new chance.

Another thing out of my plan is I was asked to have a business travel for one week in middle November. New project, new challenge. Though it's not scheduled in our annual plan, it's not a bad thing for me. I persue myself that I just need time to think and plan how to proceed it well, and I commit myself to try my best.

Most people don't like change and movement especially beyond their planning or expectation. But not all things come as our wish. The truth is most things couldn't be decided by ourselves. So to keep a peaceful mood and think those are nothing special is very important. Not an easy job but a good lesson for life.

4 則留言:

匿名 提到...

ooh your new blog background is lovely! :)

and that is so kind of you to feel positively for your staff's future. to wish him well, despite the inconvenience he has caused you. and your attitude towards change is admirable.

here's a neat quote for you:

"There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction”
~Winston Churchill

Elaine 提到...

thank to mountainmama! i love this inspiring quote.
i think each relationship has its timing for ending, either in our family,love,friendship or career, just sooner or later. some stay long in our life, some doesn't. if fortunately, they will company with us till the last moment of our life.

Unknown 提到...

I do have the same view like mountainmama. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Elaine 提到...

thanks James for your comments here. i like your possitive posts and touching story in your blog.