2009/10/30

From Ending To Beginning


Yesterday was the last working day in Taipei Neihu Technology Park. We will move to a new building in downtown from next Monday. It's very near where now I live. Excluding traveling days, I may go to my office by walking. For me, it's really a good luck and an unexplainable fate. I am very familiar with this area since my first serving company is located here. It's also near Taipei 101. Who can predict where I will be? About 5 years ago, I didn't know I could hold on my current job up to the present and our company will move to this downtown.

The past few weeks a lot of things changed. Some friends were laid off and some is going to quit. To go forward the past few months, I lose an important distant relationship with my friend, but I found new land for my soul, I learned how to do self-healing, I got warm friendship and comforts. As well as those kind consideration, there were also some critical comments and warning to pull out myself from the sad mood. I knew very well no matter which way they expressed, they indeed cared and concerned me. As Mountainmama sent me this quote "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction ~ Winston Churchill”, I would rather believe that everything will be arranged in its best way.

I think we all got some difficult issues for learning in this life, perhaps in family, friend or career, in physical or mental area. Sometimes I couldn’t help myself to fall into self-pitying, but I won’t allow that emotion stay too long. Now I am looking forward to my new working tempos.

Here I paste some wisdom quotes for myself and share with my dear friends.

About maturity~
Henri Bergson:
To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.

About expectaion~
Joan Didion:
To free us from the expectations of others, to give us back to ourselves -- there lies the great, singular power of self-respect.

About beginning~
Lazurus Long:
Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.

2 則留言:

匿名 提到...

you sound very wise :) i'm happy for you that you are embracing the changes life has been bringing your way. and that you know that you have the power to change your mood and set about trying to help yourself feel better when life's difficulties weigh you down. best wishes for your upcoming transition at work!

Elaine 提到...

thanks mountainmama for your blessing and inspiration. i think reading people's story and searching wise quotes did help me a lot. i learn how to cherish what i have. sometimes my approach is to ignore or forget those unpleasantness. and i do think how to ignore or forget is also an art in life.