2009/10/18

Question Myself


No news for this weekend. The sunshine finally went through the heavy clouds. I like the cool and sunny day. I didn't go far and just walked around in the neighborhood of my house. I felt comfortable while the breeze brushing my hair. Like the other weeks, I did a lot of laundries and housework after a whole week of working days.

The major task for me in the 4th quarter is the budget preparation for the next year. By this year end, about 80% of our project plans will be confirmed. It means I almost know how tight my schedule will be for the coming year. In some way I might feel upset because I will get more responsibility and challenges. Some places I never visited in the past projects. I am not sure if I could make that succeed.

A few weeks ago I read the quote from mountainmama's blog,
Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.
~Marie Curie
I think it would be a good reminder for me to dispel my doubts and fears for facing the uncertainty. In addition, I need make more efforts and spiritual construction before I go for the new area.

Sometimes I felt so lucky to get more chances for traveling than others, though most of them were due to my job required. Those travels did give me different views and growth for life. No matter where to go and what to experience, it will be only a part of my life journey. As the author, Stephen Covey, stating "the 90/10 Principle",
10% of life is made up of what happens to you.
90% of life is decided by how you react…
So... why I need to worry about the 10% of uncontrollable life?

4 則留言:

匿名 提到...

sounds like a nice weekend :) i love the cool weather.

good luck on your financial work~ and thanks for the great quote by covey! i like that and so true!

and i'm glad you liked the marie curie quote :)

Elaine 提到...

thank you so much to mountainmama! i do love to follow your blog. it always give me fresh and spiritual viewpoints about life.

匿名 提到...

hi elaine, i have a present for you at my blog:

http://writingforreallife.blogspot.com/2009/06/thank-you_30.html

Elaine 提到...

thank to mountainmama for the lovely present. i already pasted in my bolg.