2009/11/15

Sharing Good Stuff - Magpie

My colleague sent me a picture about "magpie". In our custom, we see this kind of birds as a good sign, will bring good news. Last Friday afternoon, the last working of my trip, I saw the beautiful bird and took a shot. Wishing you all good news approaching to you.

It's an ordinary day, but I felt more harmonic than other weekends. I watched one film about Coco Channel's story. I saw how hard jobs behind a successful wowan, both in her family, love and career. As my view, she got a good luck and paid her efforts as well. That made her dreams come true. However life are always filled with uncertainty. She lost her true love before she got to the poineer position.
For me, it's an inspiring story. I was thinking it's really hard to ask for a perfect life what we want, and no one is exceptional. Through mountainmama's reference, I read this quite from livinglifefully, and I most like the bold lines in which.
Today's quotation:
There are as many nights as days, and the one is justas long as the other in the year's course. Even a happylife cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word "happy" would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.
by Carl Jung

5 則留言:

Dan 提到...

Beautiful thoughts and very helpful in helping form a positive attitude in life.
Blessings!

Elaine 提到...

Thanks for your inpiring words. Have a good day~~

匿名 提到...

how sweet~ i'm glad you got to see the bird. i hope it bodes well for you!

and thank you for sharing that wonderful quote. i hadn't seen it yet. i love jung! and that is a particularly good quote.

Elaine 提到...

hi mountainmama, i want to thank you for the reference of good quotes resources. i also got an inspiration from seeing the magpie. the more we chase something, it fly away farther, but when we stop to chase, it will stay somewhere, further more, it may come closer.

Elaine 提到...

and, plus, i got that quote by daily email from livelifefully.