2009/11/12

Two Boxes

Whenever the weather get cloudy or rainy, my memory box will open. I know very well not dwelling on the past too much, but it just came accross my mind. Though I had accepted the reality what happened, I still had many questions about why. Maybe there won't be any explanation even the one standing in front of me. Is the answer still important to me now? I also wonder what my real inner thought is. "Who care? " I heard a brave sound from distance.

The following post is nothing to do with religious belief, just because I think it's beautiful. I found it in my received emails a few months ago and would like to paste here for sharing. Wish you may find your own two boxes.

Buddha's Boxes
I have in my hands two boxes which Buddha gave me to hold.
He said, 'Put all your sorrows in the black box,
and all your joys in the gold.'
I heeded His words, and in the two boxes,
both my joys and sorrows I stored.
But though the gold became heavier each day,
the black was as light as before. 
With curiosity, I opened the black, I wanted to find out why.
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole,
which my sorrows had fallen out by.
I showed the hole to Buddha, and mused,
'I wonder where my sorrows could be!'
He smiled a gentle smile and said,
'My child, they're all here with me.'
I asked Buddha, why He gave me the boxes,
Why the gold and the black with the hole?
'My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings,
The black is for you to let go.'

佛陀的兩個盒子
我手上有兩個盒子 都是佛陀給的
祂說把悲傷放在黑盒子裡 把快樂放在金盒子裡
我聽了他的話 把快樂和悲傷分別裝進兩個盒子裡
不過 金盒子每天都有加重 但黑盒子卻依舊輕省 
我感到很好奇 就打開黑盒子 想要一探究竟
結果 我在盒子底下發現一個洞 我的悲傷都從那邊漏出去了
我把那個洞指給佛陀看 感到納悶?  我不知道我的悲傷哪裡去了?
他輕輕地微笑說 "我的孩子 它們都在我這兒呢"  
我問佛陀 為什麼他要給我兩個盒子? 
為什麼一個金色的  一個黑色卻漏底的?
"我的孩子 金盒子是要給你數算你的祝福的 黑盒子是要給你放下的"

2 則留言:

匿名 提到...

hmm, that's nice. i like your story.

wishing you peace in your heart, elaine~~~

Elaine 提到...

mountainmama, got your blessing and thanks~~ i'm glad you like the story.
wish you harmony and joy everyday~~~