2009/07/26

Trust Crisis


This Sunday is a quiet day. No one came to visit or call me. It seemed a good timing to do introspection on myself. My issue is about 'trust'.

Two months ago, my partner sent a message and asked me to leave him alone for a certain period. It seemed not a big deal since we all need a private time to deliberate upon what to do sometimes. Since we hardly met together and only communicated by internet, the connection was suddently cut from then. I felt upset for a long period and almost lost my patience. I would call this as a trust crisis.

For sure it's not easy to restart the conversation if the one always kept silent. No way to understand what happened or he encountered some difficulty. What else could I do? I often asked myself the question, then I used to make assumption for his unusual behavior. At that time, I just wanted to make those things seem reasonable.

Lately I replayed the whole story and had a different view on that. If we didn't give the other time to express the inner thoughts, and just guess or presume a cretain worse condition, it's not fair to the other. Most seriously, it's really harmful to the relationship. Both of the two individuals should have an open mind and deserve a chance to listen the other's true voice.

So far I have no idea if we would have the probability to make up what we had lost. I'm still making efforts on tunneling the silent hill. But I really felt thankful for finding something important about respectation and mutual understanding which I recently learnt from a lot of blogging friends.

沒有留言: