2009/08/10

Cherish What We Have


I fall in a heavy mood to see the sad news about typhoon Morakot cruelly hit the eastern and southern Taiwan on Aug 7th. It had caused landslides, floods, a hotel collapse. Lifes, families and properties were destroyed. So far, the rescure action still keep going on. It's really a huge disaster for those people. Years of efforts were suddenly gone in a second.

I am so lucky in such a safe circumstances without any destroyment by typhoon. Compared with those people, I feel thankful and grateful for having the peace. We never know when or where to lose something important to us. I would like to bless for those who suffered will recovery soon and regain their strength to face the reconstruction. It's a long road and difficult jobs actually. Wish they may get all supports and resources as their needs.

The storm event gave me a good chance to examine and understand what I have is so precious. Sometimes the sorrows or negative thoughts fly into my mind, but shouldn't stay long. Here I extract 2 lessons from my friend, Dan's post-'Not By Chance' , to help myself for learning to be more attentive to the current things.
1. Cherish your families as never before and go to great lengths to keep your promises.
2. Be thankful and grateful for everything you have and don'tworry about the things you don't have.

沒有留言: