2009/08/03

Expectation


'Give and Take'! Which side you used to stand at? As my friends' knowing, I might mostly choose the giving side. It doesn't mean I have no expectation about my giving. I hope the one in the 'taking side' is pleased to accept and feel comfortable about what I do. In the other aspect, I might espect some feedback as a reward of my giving.

A friend ever advised me not to expect the other's feedback if you do what you please to do. Not for the others, but for myself. You will be fulfilled in seeing the other's smlie and happiness. It's a valued point for me to learn and practice again and again. Then I won't feel lost so frequently.
For sure it's a great pleasure for me whenever I have the chance to stand at the 'taking side'. I also enjoy the concern and care from the 'giving side'.

There is a saying, 'the less expectation, the less disappointment. ' How many of us could really adopt that attitude in our life? It's not easy indeed. But I do believe that 'the more I give, the more I take', and I have already got a lots up to the present.

2 則留言:

Dan 提到...

Hi Elaine: This is a very thoughtful article. Thank you for sharing your heart felt thoughts on the values in giving and receiving and about the expectations that often surface when we give. You may find this article interesting as well.
http://lifecentering.blogspot.com/2008/11/clash-of-expectations.html

Elaine 提到...

Hi Dan! Thanks for your comment and sharing link. I will go for that.